Frequently Asked Questions
Where do the proceeds for the event get sent?
- The majority of the proceeds will be donated to The American Diabetes Association, The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, The National Kidney Foundation, D.R.E.A.M., and the University of Michigan Comprehensive Diabetes Center. A small portion of the proceeds will be set aside to help fund next year’s 5K.
Will this event have an official chip time?
- Yes, there will be an official timing company and they will be supplying chips for everyone.
Do you have a website with a map of the run?
- Look under the “6th Annual Victors 5K” tab at the top of the page to see a trail map of Nichols Arboretum.
Can you tell me where I can find the results from previous Annual Victors 5K Run/Walks for Diabetes Awareness?
- Past event results can be viewed by going to the “about” tab at the top of the page, and selecting the run from the “past events” subcategory.
As for your event, will the 5k run and 5k walk times be combined or will those races have separate times/awards?
- This 5k will be a combination of a run and a walk. In other words, people have the option of either walking or running but prizes will only be given out to the top 5 finishers out of the total.
Can you walk with a stroller in this 5K?
- Unless you have really big sturdy wheels, we’d advise not to bring the stroller. There are some big hills and the path might be uneven and filled with leaves and debris from the winter. It’s your call though!
I’m planning on walking. Can I bring my dog?
- Of course! Many people bring their dogs to this event.